So initially, I was going to do an Xbox One Vs Ps4 article. But I didn’t really think that it would be ideal for me to write because;
- I didn’t even follow or watch E3.
- I am not really fussed about what happened (Apart from “Groundbreaking technology” that may or may not have been introduced).
- I’m sure there are already a million articles on the inter-webs that already have been there, done that.
But then I decided against it as I realised that it would’ve almost certainly been done too.
After some pondering, I had a brain wave… Almost an epiphany.
This years announcements didn’t particularly have me jumping off the edge of my seat…So it got me wondering what the future of tech has in store for us.
(That and the fact that Blog #14 – My Thoughts on Google Glass is my second highest viewed blog post of all time and therefore I should have another pop at a techy article).
So in 20 years time, I predict that there will be:
- Smartphones that will have 48 hours+ of battery life
- Smartphones that will continuously charge through solar panels built-in to them
- iSpecs/iLense (To compete with Google Glass but in contact-lense format, possibly still at concept stages)
- Games Consoles that will be as small as an iPad, yet as powerful as a Mac,where there is 4D gaming technology for a more ‘realistic’ gaming experience (3D plus scent)
- The ceasing of the existence of desktop computers
Those are some of my wacky predictions for Tech in 20 years (I’ve tried to be as realistic as possible).
So there you go.
Drop a comment below to let me know what you think will be around in about 20 years time…
Or even better, what you think will not be around anymore.
- Google Glass – A look into the Future. (andymcewen.wordpress.com)
- PS4 news, rumors, features and release date (techfanboys.wordpress.com)
- Who won E3? (gamerastry.wordpress.com)
- E3 is now over, and a few little news points (lyokofreakcommunity.wordpress.com)
- PS4 VS Xbox One……E3 2013 (itechtrail.wordpress.com)
- E3 (A nobody’s perspective) (sigmentum.wordpress.com)